One night when we went to read our bedtime books Lucas flipped open his Little Blue Truck book and started reciting the first page. I was so shocked, to say the least! He then recited the second page and I about melted right then and there. I know it's super common for kids to memorize books that are read to them often, but still! He's not even two yet, and he's "reading" (okay, reciting) the beginning of his favorite book! Tonight I was finally able to get it on video. His little voice is so sweet and the inflections when he "reads" just crack me up!
He recites the first two pages twice as he's flipping through the book, along with some gibberish that's hard to understand, but he obviously knows exactly what he's saying. The first two pages go as follows"
Horn went "Beep!:
Engine purred.
Friendliest sounds
you ever heard."
Little Blue Truck
rolled into the city.
"Beep! Beep! Beep!
Isn't it pretty?"
Listen for those words... seriously the cutest thing ever!
xoxo,
Kara
No comments:
Post a Comment