Monday, April 2, 2012

Discoveries and Changes

This post should have been called Snips and Snails since Lucas discovered and studied a pair of snails we found on Sunday. He was extremely interested in watching them and seeing what happens when he'd touch them. He's ask, "Where'd he go?" when the little snail hid in his shell. 


Usually slimy snails gross me out, but I swear having a boy has changed me when it comes to "gross" things. The fact that he thinks snails are so fascinating makes me like them too. 


Last week we made a big decision as a family. An opportunity has come up for me to finish my BTSA program for my teaching credential. This is the induction program to clear my credential and in essence "finalize" my credential. It's a two year program and I completed year one while teaching before I was laid off due to massive budget cuts. 


Once Lucas was born we decided I'd stay home with him, something I am so blessed and thankful to do everyday. Luckily this program will be very part time and I should be done by December (while taking the summer off since school is out). The program is funded by grants in a Sacramento district and therefore it's unpaid, but I will be clearing my credential which lifts a huge weight off my shoulders. However, three afternoons a week I'll have to leave my bug. I know there are many working moms out there who leave their kids everyday, but this part I am dreading. I truly enjoy everyday home with him and know how lucky I am to be home with him, and I do not take it for granted. This just means less time for him and me to discover together...


It also means that I know I will cherish all of our special moments together even more than I already do. I know that I am doing this for a reason, an important reason for the future. I know that Lucas will be in great hands, and that it will probably be harder on me than him to leave for work. I'm also excited for this opportunity and know that it will not come along again so I must cease the day and go for it.


I start a week from today, and will just be going to a meeting once a week until I am placed at a school and then I'll be teaching a math or science after school program, and will be working three afternoons a week. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as this will be a quite a change for our family, all while Matt is still very much on the mend. He is doing really well by the way. No pain, but with his foot pointed down in the cast he's pretty uncomfortable. He rocks though and still wants to help when he can. This means folding laundry since that's all that can really be done from the couch, which makes me really happy! 


Until next time, we'll be enjoying snails and sunshine! 

xoxo, Kara



1 comment:

  1. Haha this cracks me up! "Where'd he go" - So so so cute!!! I love when they ask questions and remind you how smart they are already! Loved catching up on your posts Kara! :D Hope you and your adorable family has a fun, fabulous & blessed Easter! XO

    ReplyDelete