Thursday, March 29, 2012

On the Way to Recovery!

Last week while playing basketball Matt tore his Achilles tendon. (Yup, not 18 anymore!) The doctor didn't even need to do an MRI, but could immediately tell that it was completely torn and would require surgery to repair. Apparently this is common in the over 30 crowd... I wouldn't know, and Matt's still in denial about being in the 30s club. It's a long recovery process that will require him being on crutches for 6-8 weeks, then a walking cast, and eventually a lot of physical therapy. Yesterday Matt had his surgery and is well on his way to recovery!  


His poor foot was so swollen and bruised before the surgery. I can only imagine what it looks like right now. Good thing it's casted and we won't have see it until next Friday! I don't think I could stomach it!  It's so hard to see my hubby not at 100%, but I must say he has the highest pain tolerance and has yet to complain of any pain. It might have to do with me keeping him current on his pain medicine! I have to admit I was dreading this surgery because it meant I would be the one taking care of everyone for awhile. I knew I'd miss Matt's help. I will be a doting wife and say that my husband helps A LOT around the house and with Lucas. I know I am so lucky to have a husband that is so hands on with our son and is always willing to help. While he is recovering I'm happy to take care of him. I know he'd do it ten times over for me. 


Home from surgery and feeling good! Lucas has been so good with understanding that dada's foot is hurt. I can tell he wants Matt to get up and play with him, but he is also enjoying sitting with daddy on the couch and playing on the iPad together. Everyone has been so generous and offering us all kinds of help. We are so appreciative for great friends and family! Have I ever mentioned that we live in an awesome neighborhood?! Well, it's true! We have the most amazing neighbors, all of whom have been asking how Matt is doing, and offering to help with anything we need. Tonight one of our neighbors brought dinner over for us, but not just dinner, dessert too. Dinner was delicious, and so was this ice cream pie!


Doesn't it look scrumptious?! It was! I'd be jealous if I were you. Matt and I both enjoyed a large slice. We seriously have the best neighbors! Thank you to everyone for all the love and support for Matt! We really appreciate it! 

xoxo, Kara

1 comment:

  1. Awww poor Matt. 30s club haaaaaa! Love u 3 and will miss u 2 terribly on vacation. :(

    ReplyDelete