Monday, March 26, 2012

Snips and Snails...

Over the past few weeks Lucas has started using full blown sentences. He has an opinion about everything from what to have for snack to which books to read. His new favorite word, and my new least favorite word is "No!" I know it's completely normal for toddlers to learn this word, and to overuse it to get their point across, but really?!? This "NO!" shouting is breaking my heart, and frankly I feel the most bad for poor Stoli. Lucas walks around the house saying, "No Stoli!" which just shows that Matt and I say "No Stoli" way too often. To counteract this behavior we are trying to teach him to say "No thank you" instead of just no. I'll get back to you on how that works out... 

Our little bug is definitely Mr. Independent at times. It's hard to believe he will be TWO in just a few short months. He loves to explore, and thinks it's hilarious when we chase after him... 


Running free and playing with his trucks is a perfect day for this guy. 


Seriously, it amazes me how much he is growing into a little boy and isn't my itty bitty baby anymore. It makes me so happy and sad all at the same time. 


Bath time is always an adventure, and my favorite time of day because we can just sit and talk, and laugh and giggle.


This toy snake makes me shutter, but Lucas loves it. I make sure to put it away in a place that I won't jump to the heavens if I stumble across it. "Snips and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of." Oh, and in this case, snakes! 

xoxo


3 comments:

  1. its so hard to believe he will be two.. where has the time gone??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING all of these posts about him...he's such a happy little man. How is he already almost 2? I remember when Selena and I heard that you were in the hospital and we were on our way to our friend's wedding and we were both SOOOOO excited for you! When are we having another one?!?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so amazing how Charlie and Lucas are so similar! Charlie just started using sentences too! And the No! Thing is killing me! But he also started saying please so what are ya going do!?? We're trying the no thank you option as well so far after we say no thank you he just says ok!

    ReplyDelete