Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kale Fail

Lucas has been talking so much lately! His favorite word seems to be "truck" and everything with wheels is a truck. He also says something that sounds like, "What's that?" We're not 100% sure that is what he is saying, but we answer anyway when he says it, which is frequently. He was jibber jabbering away in the car on our way to Costco yesterday so I took a video. (No worries, Matt was driving!) The minute I started he got a little camera shy, and most of it is just jibberish, but he says a cute "bye!" at the end.


This morning while I was getting him dressed he was copying everything I was saying, socks, feet, shoes, and then I said, "Ready, set..." and before I could finish he said, "GO!" It's so fun hearing his little (Loud) voice. I still only get a "mama" once in a blue moon, so lately I've been trying to get him to say "mommy." Maybe it will be more fun to say and he'll get it. Hey, I can dream right? :)

This morning we went to our local Farmers' Market to pick up some fresh citrus since the stuff in the stores has been icky lately. While we were walking around I kept seeing kale everywhere and immediately thought of the kale chips that I have heard so much about. I'm all about trying something new, so I bought some kale. We got home and I looked up how to make kale into chips. I looked over a few recipes and they all looked similar so I picked one and went for it. I was super excited since everything I read said, "Healthy for you! Great replacement for chips, crunchy and a little bit of salt!" Yummmy, I could hardly wait! YUCK!!! I was so disappointed. Maybe there is a trick out there, or I did something wrong, but ew, gross! If anyone has made kale chips that the LOVE please share. I'd rather eat many other green veggies than these again... unless you know a trick that makes them yummy and I'd be willing to try. Kale Fail!!!!

Better luck next time... maybe! 

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment