It amazes me how much of my son's personality was present right at birth. I look back at those first few days of his life, and who he is now, and I can see it all. He was feisty, impatient, persistent, and loud. (All the while the most lovable and beautiful baby boy I'd ever seen.) The nurses in the NICU would comment on the loudness of his cry and how they all knew it was him, no matter where they were in the NICU. Without warning he went of zero to ten when he was hungry, and hated having his diaper changed.
This morning when we got home from running errands he said, "Outside, outside!" I told him we could go play outside, but that mommy had to go potty first. He ran to the back door and when I went in the opposite direction he dropped to the floor crying and throwing a tantrum. He throws great tantrums these days. This is his impatient quality. Once I came back in the room, I said, "Let's go play!" He perked right up and said, "Play, play." Lucas loves to play outside more than anything. He has loved being outside from the very start. When he would get cracky I would take him outside and he'd always calm down.
While we were playing outside and the sprinklers came on. (No rain means sprinklers this time of year. It just seems crazy!) Anyway, the sprinklers came on and he said, "Uh oh!" then proceeded to run to the middle of the grass and laugh.
I had to let him play for a couple minutes, he was just having too much fun.
I can't wait for summer now, when he can really play in the sprinklers!
Even though the sun is out, it's January and it's cold, but he loved his few minutes of play.
Along with being feisty, impatient, persistent, and loud he is also spunky, goofy, smart, and tender. He laughs more than any toddler I know, and constantly cracks himself up. I can't help but be in awe at how God gave me such an incredible little boy.
xoxo



Lucas is such an amazing little boy! I can't wait to watch him grow up!
ReplyDelete