Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Fun Day

"Sunday Fun Day" sure has a new meaning to us these days! This evening we were hanging out outside, checking out the lunar eclipse, while Lucas was running around in his diaper and crocs happy as a clam. It was hot hot hot today, and clothes were optional for him!


Doesn't that face just make you melt?! He is cracking us up daily, and is one smart cookie. We have noticed that he now tries to distract us when he is doing something he shouldn't be doing. When we tell him no or ask him to stop doing something he looks at us with a smile and says, "Daddy home!" or "Mommy home!" He thinks we will forget what he was just doing. Too smart for his own good!


He is talking so much and new words and sentences happen daily. Tonight while in the bath he counted to 13! We always practice counting to 10 and he pretty much has that down, but then tonight he just kept going, up to 13 all on his own! I couldn't believe it! By the time I was able to get the camera out he had already done it three or four times and was done performing for the night. However here is a little video from earlier today. We were playing with bubble and he kept saying, "I catch them!" Then a helicopter flew over that house and that was his new focus. I love how he says helicopter. His little voice is my favorite sound. (Except when he is doing his high pitch scream... that I can do without for sure!)


Ohhhh another moment I have to share from tonight that brought tears to my eyes. We were sitting there blowing bubbles and he looked at me and said, "I miss you Mommy." I just said I'm right here baby and you don't have to miss me right now. I was out shopping for a few hours today... melt my heart and the tears come rolling out that he said he missed me! I miss him when I sleep at night, so I get it! Our Sunday night made so many memories, I love night like this.

xoxo, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment