Awhile back I found a tutorial over at Made for making these adorable skirts. They are simple to make and turn out so cute! I decided to make three of them for my niece for her fourth birthday that was last week. It was so fun to sew something for a girl! By the third one I had it down, and decided to make one for our little neighbor with the extra material. (I always seem to buy too much material.) And here they are!
The material for the first one I saw on the tutorial and thought it was just so perfect for the summer. It's from Hobby Lobby, and I just love it.
My niece is heading to Hawaii next month (a trip we were supposed to be on as well with Matt's family, until he got hurt and now we can't go. I'm not bitter or anything!) Any who... they are going to Maui and I thought she needed a cute beachie print, along with some Hawaiian print as well.
After I finished this skirts I was on the hunt for some cute shirts to match them. I found this cute little tank top at Target, but didn't like the flower on it. The print just didn't match anything, but the color of the tank was perfect. I bought it, brought it home, took that flower off...
and made and put this one on. Way better! Don't you think?
Then I decided she needed some cute hair accessories to go with her new outfits. I found this super easy tutorial on A Beautiful Mess to make fabric hair bows. So simple, no sewing machine required. :)
I made two into hair clips, and one into a headband. They looked adorable on her!
And here she is modeling each of her new outfits! (I forgot my camera so had to use my phone... reason for blurriness.) Isn't she just adorable?!?
I love all of her little poses!
I found two shirts that ended up matching all three skirts... mix and match time! :)
I still can't believe she is 4!
xoxo, Kara
oh my gosh, how stinkin' cute and SUPER CREATIVE!! you can sew for Avery anytime ;)
ReplyDeleteAwesome job Kara! They look so cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you girls!!
ReplyDelete