Recently my parents sold their house... something I am in complete denial about, which is why I've never mentioned it and don't like talking about it. Awhile back they bought a lot in Boise (where they lived when my older brother was born). They bought this lot before Matt and I moved up here, and I like to tell myself had they known we'd be moving back here they would have never planned on moving. (Again, complete denial.) They are currently living in their RV until the end of summer, then going on a three month trip around the US, then moving back to California and buying a house! Okay, so the last part is my plan for them... not so much theirs but I'm working on it. (Again with the complete denial.)
We spent Cinco de Mayo with them in their new digs. Lucas had a blast as usual, and we got to spend time with the family. It will take me awhile to get used to not being able to go to their home, the home which was my home for a large part of my life. I guess a big part of me is sad that that chapter is over, and I'm not ready to accept that they might be moving far away. I plan on laying on the ground in front of their car if that is what it comes down to. :)
I will admit the views are beautiful...
and the sound of the river is soothing.
Lucas trying on his new Crocs from Gammy and Papa. My mom bought these for him because she thought they were cute and she knew it would drive me nuts. I've made it very known that I am not a fan of Crocs. I think they are goofy looking and just not cute. Sorry to those of you that like them. To each their own, but for me I'm not a fan. So I guess we will call these his new gardening/backyard/not to be worn out of the house shoes. :)
My nephew, Gavin, and L playing in Gammy's car. Who knew playing in a car could be so much fun? It's a favorite past time of ours as you can see here.
Hanging out with Uncle Ryan and Auntie Susan...
always a good time!
Gammy and her boys. (How could you want to leave these two adorable little boys and move to Boise?!?!) :)
Trucks,
and more trucks!
I also went to a beautiful bridal shower this weekend...
for my best friend's littler sister. I also call her my little sister. I've know her since she was in the sixth grade. I used to carry her around on my hip and eat her vegetables for her so she wouldn't get in trouble. I have many amazing memories with these two, and I'm so happy for Heather! The shower was a French tea party theme, and it was just perfect! Danielle puts together beautiful parties!
Yes please!
There were plenty of delicious desserts, all homemade of course!
I tried one of everything... how could I not?!
Isn't this the cutest set up?
It's hard to believe we've known each other since freshman year of high school!
My adorable niece was there as well! We enjoyed eating lots of dessert together!
Just another beautiful weekend!
xoxo, Kara



No comments:
Post a Comment