Monday, October 3, 2011

A delicious weekend!

What a weekend! We started Saturday off by going to the park, Lucas' favorite thing to do these days. He has a blast crawling all around the play structures and going down the big slides with "da-da". (He doesn't say mama, but says dada like it's going out of style. Never mind the fact that I stay home with him and take care of his every need... no mama yet. I'm not bitter or anything...)

Lucas cracking up going down the slide with Matt. 

After the park we went home and I made those Salted Caramel Mocha Brownie Cups that I told you about here. OMG!!! Let me tell you... they are A-MAZING! I already can't wait to make the again. Even my husband, who isn't much of a sweets person, was drooling over them! 


Next we headed over to El Dorado Hills for Lucas' friend Bennett's first birthday party! It was the cutest sock monkey themed party. We all ate tons of food, and Lucas had his first lollipop. Sorry this picture is blurry, but this is the look on his face with most sweets... utter disgust. Really?!?! If I hadn't birthed him myself I'd question whether or not he was mine. He took two licks and wanted nothing to do with it. 


Lastly, we took those delicious brownies you saw above to the Ramos' house and had a wonderful dinner, with Katie, Brent, and their two kids. I love getting together with them. Katie is one of my best friends in the world, and we spend so much time at their house. Lucas feels at home there, and loves to play with his "cousins" Bella and Jack. I wish I had a picture of the three of them together from that night, but since I don't here is one from back in April. Bella and Jack are like siblings to Lucas, and I am so excited to watch them all grow up together. 


Wow, I just realized how much we did on Saturday alone! That explains why Sunday was filled with hanging around the house, watching football, and me running a couple quick errands. Oh, and ending the weekend with KEITH URBAN!!! Matt had bought me tickets to this concert back in February for Valentine's Day, and it was so worth the wait. Honestly, Keith Urban rocking out on his guitar might be the sexiest thing ever! (Besides my gorgeous husband of course!) Thanks hun for taking me to a country concert!!! That's true love! :) And thanks to my wonderful mom for coming to stay the night and watch Lucas so we could be out late! 

Matt and I waiting for the concert to start.

I so so wish I had great pictures to share from the concert, but sadly I forgot my good camera, and only had my phone. :( There are none of Keith worth posting, but ohhhhh Keith you were amazing and delicious to watch!!! 

What a great weekend with wonderful people! 

Hope yours was swell! 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment