Fall is officially here... well pretty much, its still a bit warm for my taste, but we have had some wonderful fall days here. On Monday it rained, no poured, ALL day. So what else could I do besides cuddle with my little guy, bake, and craft?! After Lucas' nap he "helped" me make chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Really he sat there and snacked on chocolate chips, while I baked. I love pumpkin bread, especially with chocolate chips. Nothing says fall more than pumpkin food. We made six mini loaves, gave three away, and kept three. :) I'm sure there will be more pumpkin baking very soon. I use the recipe from my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook and it's delish. You can find that exact same recipe here. The chocolate chips aren't part of the recipe, but I just add a whole bag of milk chocolate chips to the batter. Sooo good!
yummm
Okay, so now onto a cute fall craft. I had started this craft the night before, and was determined to finish it fast. I crafted during Lucas' nap, and then when he went to bed to finish. It felt like it took forever, and really it was a trail and error process. I bought wood letters at Michaels to spell out Fall and cheap yarn in fall colors to wrap the letters in. Of course I saw this idea to wrap wooden letters with yarn on Pinterest. It took some time to figure out the best method, but I think I figured it out. I wrapped all of the corners and weird angles first, then went back over everything in one direction so it looks nice. Here are the two pictures I took, and of course they aren't of the same letter, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Wrap all corners and angles first, then go over in same direction with yarn.
Finished L
![]() |
| FALL All finished! |
Eventually I want to make some cute cloth flowers to put on the letters, but for now they shall stay this way. I got the fall garland at Michaels last year, and it adds the perfect touch until I can add some detail. Oh how I love this time of year!
Oh, and an extra special shout out to my niece Bella! It's her 6th birthday today. Happy Birthday beautiful girl! I love you!
xoxo



I love all your crafty goodness!
ReplyDeleteLove your "FALL" crafts!
ReplyDelete