Monday, February 27, 2012

Baking and a Birthday Celebration

Today is my dad's 58th birthday! Happy Birthday Daddy!! We celebrated last night at my parents with a delicious dinner cooked by my mom and a great time with family. I was in charge of baking the cake, which I love to do, but always worry it will fall short. My dad loves chocolate and rocky road ice cream so I decided to make him a rocky road chocolate ice cream cake. It was my first time baking a chocolate cake all from scratch so I needed my baking helper...

I've learned when baking with a toddler you must include them! Lucas always wants to help so I put him to work. :) He was in charge of mixing a couple of tablespoons of sugar with a pinch of cocoa powder, licking the spoon, dipping in sugar mixture, licking spoon again... happy buggy. This is the only way to get baking done in our household, especially when daddy isn't around to play choo-choos. 

 Yummy!

Drooly-sugar face... so squishy and kissable. 

I could of eaten it just like this. 

First time making homemade chocolate icing also. Delicious! 

Happy Birthday Daddy/Papa!!!

Rocky road heaven. 

Papa and Lucas
My Favorite picture of the night.

Lucas really loves his Papa. When he knows Papa is coming over he says, "Papa home," over and over until he get here. Whenever he sees a white truck he declares, "Papa's truck!" All day today he kept saying "Papa's cake" because he got to have cake last night. My dad is not only an amazing father, but he is the best Papa. Those two have a special bond, and I love them both so much!

Happy birthday Daddy!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. How cute are you? For a first time homemade cake, it looks fabulously delicious! Sometimes I cheat and use the cake doctor book...it takes boxed cake mixes and jazzes them up. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! And what a great little helper :)

    ReplyDelete