Wednesday, November 2, 2011

repurposed plastic pool :)

For about a month now I've been staring at Lucas' little five dollar pool sitting behind our couch waiting to be moved to the garage. I moved it inside before it started raining earlier last month and it's been housing some toys since then. Every now and again Lucas goes over to it, crawls inside, and plays with whatever toys are in it. Since then, I've been telling myself (and Matt) that I want to go to Target and buy the big bag of plastic balls so Lucas could have his own ball pit. You know, like the kind at McDonalds that I never wanted to go into because I was scared of what could be at the bottom, but a lot smaller. So yesterday we went to Target and I convinced Matt it was a necessity. We got home, dumped the balls in the little pool, and Lucas went to town! I had to take a few pictures! He was cracking up, pushing the balls all round, and kicking them out of the pool. Seriously the best 15 dollars we've spent lately! I will say the balls end up all over the family room, but so far he enjoys putting them back in his pool too. It makes me so happy how much he's enjoying his new toy. What an easy way to turn a summer toy into winter fun!

Loving it!

So happy. (Don't mind the snotty nose!)

Scooping the balls out.

Oh, and here is a little video of him playing this morning. He is too funny. Plus here is proof that when I try to get him to say "Mama" he laughs at me! He says "dada" or "da" like it's going out of style... but laughs when I try to get him to say mama. I try not to take it personal... :)


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment