Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Finger painting fun!

I wandered across a recipe for homemade finger paints the other day (on Pinterest, where else?!?), and was dying to try it out for my Bug. I have wanted to buy him finger paints, but I knew he'd try to eat them, and I wasn't sure I was ready for the mess! Once I saw this easy recipe I knew I had to make them.  Everything I needed I already had in my kitchen which made me that much more excited. Plus, if he eats it I know there is nothing that can harm him! Once L went down for his nap I went to work, and it literally took me all of 20 minutes. 

Homemade finger paints:
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2 cups water

1. Combine ingredients in a small saucepan 
2. Warm until mixture thickens (I added some more water to thin it out a little.)
3. Cool and pour in containers (I used the containers I had used when I made L's homemade baby food.)
4. Add food coloring to create desired colors. 
5. Create masterpieces with your little one(s)!
Recipe courtesy of easiepeasie.blogspot.com


What an artist!

Concentrating hard!

Loving it! 

What a fun afternoon! 

xoxo

1 comment: