While Lucas is napping I thought I'd share with you my effort in using cookie cutters to make shaped pancakes this morning. I saw it on pinterest the other day and thought, "That looks simple enough." Simple it is... if you do it right the first time, which of course, I didn't. I didn't look up any instructions... looking at the picture it seemed pretty easy. The minute I poured the pancake batter into the cookie cutters I immediately thought, "Probably should have greased those!" I'm sure if you looked up a tutorial on this the first thing it would say is, "Make sure to grease the cookie cutters!" Well... I didn't, so the first round was a flop... but as for round two, greased the heck out of those suckers and what do you know? It worked like a charm.
So here's how to do it... make up your favorite pancake batter, choose a couple cookie cutters, GREASE those bad boys, and poor in some batter (not too much, since it can't spread, it rises and makes for some thick pancakes). Once you can tell the edges are no longer runny you can lift the cookie cutters off, then flip your pancake to let it finish cooking.
Of course we have a Mickey cookie cutter... I had already taken it off.
The tree and heart turned out swell.
Mickey on the left is without the cookie cutter being greased, Mickey on the right is you know, the correct way.
These were fun to make, however I won't be making them again until Lucas is old enough to request cookie cutter pancakes himself. Until then, I will stick to making Mickey pancakes the old fashion way...
Not as pretty, but Lucas loves them! See...
The face of approval!
Happy Tuesday!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment