Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My first sewing project!

For my birthday this year my parents got me my very first sewing machine. After finding so many cute ideas on Pinterest, I decided I really needed to learn to sew. I thought I'd ask for a sewing machine for Christmas, but my mom insisted I get it sooner. I was so excited! I had my first lesson with one of my mom's best friends, Rosie, while we were in Boise. She happens to be an amazing seamstress. She can make anything, and she's so creative. I had emailed her what I wanted to do for my first project, and I was so happy she could help. Thank you Rosie!! I have never sewed more than a button onto a shirt, and I definitely had no idea what do with my new sewing machine. So for my first project I make Lucas these two shirts... well I bought the shirts at Target, and made the football and L to go on them. :) I found the idea for the L shirt here, and there is a great tutorial. I just had to make it for Lucas. I came up with the football on my own. Simple and cute. In this family football is a must, and a boy could never have too many football shirts! 




My happy guy! I can't wait to make him more things as I learn to sew! :)

Now off to finish watching the CMA's with my hubby! (I love that he's willing to watch it with me just to make me happy!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment