Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend Getaway to Phoenix

This past weekend we hopped on a plane and headed out to Phoenix to visit our best friends, and of course Lucas's girlfriend. We love every chance we get to spend time with Jamie and Justin. It doesn't get much better than your best friend being married to your husbands best friend. 

On Friday Jamie and Avery took Lucas and I to the Phoenix Children's Museum. Oh my gosh!! This place was amazing! It puts our little children's museum here in Sacramento to shame. Lucas had a blast, and I still can't stop talking about how neat this place was. 


Taking his bike through the car wash. He loved running through it as well. 


The fort room... umm yes please! Can I have this in my house? Building forts and knocking them down is the best!


Climbing around with Miss Avery... probably shouting at her as well. They got into a few shouting matches saying, "No!" back and forth. Jamie and I couldn't help but laugh. If Lucas wants to keep her around he better learn that saying no to his girlfriend will not fly!


This treehouse/fort/amazing climbing contraption was just that... AMAZING! I think Lucas could have climbed through it all day. 

On Saturday we all put on our ASU gear and headed to the ASU vs. UCLA football game. Even though ASU lost in the last minute of the game, it was still a lot of fun. The kids did great and enjoyed playing and eating snacks!


Beautiful Avery. I can't get enough of her!


Going in for the kiss... okay, so this might have been prompted by us, but they really do love one another. 


Kisses for his girlfriend. Long distance relationships can be tough! :)


Daddy and Lucas cheering on ASU! 

My favorite part of the weekend was hanging with Jamie and getting in some really good laughs, just what I needed! Anytime you need help carrying a ceiling fan, I'm here for you Jamers! :) Can't wait for our next visit!

xoxo, Kara

2 comments:

  1. dont forget our trip to Joann's and the Sporting Goods store :) Definitely a fun weekend! Miss you already... wished we lived just a bit closer. See you in a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually thinking about my body dysmorphia while trying on sweatpants today and started laughing out loud! Miss you too!

      Delete