Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chicago!!!

Over Labor Day weekend I went to Chicago for a girls weekend. My best friend's sister moved there about six months ago and Jamie and her other sister, Lindsay, were planning this trip to go visit. I was lucky enough to get to go too! It was Jamie's first time leaving her daughter to go on a trip, which made me feel at ease leaving Lucas. It never gets easy leaving him over night. Kyleigh and her boyfriend, Peter, were amazing tour guides and they showed us so much of the city. Our trip was filled with seeing lots of Chicago, a Cubs game, shopping, eating, oh and eating! 


The bean! Crazy how many people were there, and how many are taking the exact same pictures we were. It was overcast this morning, but we were lucky that the rain held off! 


This is the view from the top of the John Hancock Center. It's the best view of Chicago from a high rise. They say the best view is where I took this picture, which happens to be the view from the women's restroom. Pretty nice view!


Matt was pretty jealous that I got to go to Wrigley field before he did. He says I don't appreciate it as much as he does. Can't really argue that, he's probably right. However, I did have a great time, and I thought it was so neat to be there! 


The girls with the Cub!


Probably the coolest part about Wrigley Field was the scoreboard. At least, I thought it was. It's old school and authentic. People are actually in the scoreboard changing out the numbers. We sat right under it, and I kept turning around to see if I could see anyone... I did....


See! There he is! How neat is that?


On our last day we did the architectural tour on the Chicago River. That was really neat. It's crazy how this city was built. We also headed down the pier for walk before we had to go to the airport.


I had so much fun with these girls! Can't wait for our next trip! 

xoxo, Kara





No comments:

Post a Comment