Sunday, September 25, 2011

bad mommy

As I was rocking Lucas to sleep tonight our sweet dog, Stoli, came into the room and laid down next to the rocking chair. The first time she did this I thought it was because she was protective of her baby brother, but I soon realized it's because she wants to be where I am. When Matt puts Lucas to bed she doesn't go in there, but instead she is in whatever room I am in. She has always followed me around, and has been my girl since the day we got her. Probably because the first few nights we had her, Matt was out of town for work and I insisted she sleep on the bed with me. She was spoiled from day one. However, the minute I got pregnant, I knew her role in the family was going to change. I knew I wasn't going to be able cuddle her on the couch all night anymore, and that she would ultimately end up with a fraction of the attention she received before the baby came into our world. I was in utter denial about this and swore up and down that things wouldn't change for her.... which brings me to the reason for this post...

In my first post I mentioned my husband, my son, but not Stoli. Bad mommy!!! I felt so bad when I realized this. Really, I am one of those people that shutters when I hear people say, "It's just a dog." I'm one of those people that looks at my dog as a part of the family, and loves her as so. There are times when she drives me nuts, but then she starts chasing her tail like a maniac, and makes Lucas laugh harder than anyone can, and I am so thankful we have her. Lucas loves his doggie, definitely more than she loves him!

 My babies

They make my heart smile. 

Good thing Stoli doesn't read my blog... she'll never know about this mishap. :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love this! I am the same way! I definitely can't stand it when people treat their dog like it's "just a dog" and they are no longer part of the family when babies come. I love this post, because it's true, sometimes you forget to mention your other babies (doggies) but it doesn't mean you don't love them as much! Summer loves her doggies too. I love that Stoli makes Lucas laugh. It's so cute. You can tell she just loves that little boy too. Cute post Kara! :D

    ReplyDelete