Thursday, July 10, 2014

July 4th

Each year we head to our hometown for fireworks on the eve of July 4th with friends and family. It's such a fun tradition, and definitely something the whole family looks forward to. 
Since Lucas was born, this holiday has taken on new meaning for me. I of course celebrate our nation and all of the men and women that fight for our freedom, but I also celebrate the health and life of my son. Four years ago July 4th was the day I left the hospital in tears, having to leave my baby in the NICU. Now each year those terrible feelings come back in waves, but with each year they've gotten a little easier to handle. As the fireworks were going off, I looked over at Lucas in Matt's lap and felt the lump in my throat and the tears welling in my eyes. It was the hardest day of my life, and remembering those moments is difficult. I couldn't be more thankful for the healthy little boy we have today. 

Lucas and I waited in line for a good thirty minutes to get his face painted. He was so patient and so excited. I bet you can't guess what he chose!

Batman!!!

<3 p="">
Bradley & Caleb


The next day we all slept in and then headed down to a friend's house for BBQ and lots of swimming! Is there really any better way to celebrate the 4th?!




After we got home and put Caleb to bed, the three of us headed out for some front yard fireworks. Lucas was feeling pretty special staying up with Daddy and Mommy. He was daddy's little sidekick!

xoxo, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment