Tuesday, December 3, 2013

North Pole Breakfast

We started a new tradition this year... a North Pole breakfast. I'd seen this idea multiple times on Pinterest last year, and was so excited to do it this year. I had totally planned on getting the powdered sugar "snow" donuts and hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows, but the truth is, Lucas doesn't like hot chocolate or chocolate milk, and has never had powdered sugar donuts. I didn't want to risk him not liking anything on the table so instead we did cinnamon roll muffins, he loves cinnamon rolls, and milk. Breakfast was a hit, and he loved having this special treat. 


yum yum!

Cal had cheerios and banana, next year sweet guy, next year you'll get the sugary stuff!

After we ate Lucas opened the present that Santa's elf had left for him and Caleb. As he opened this he said, "Aww, no way!" It was so cute. Both boys got their new Christmas pjs, a Christmas book to share, as well as the little people nativity scene. 


Lucas loves playing with our nativity scene, so I was thrilled when I found one perfect for him to play with without worrying of it breaking. 


He got straight to work setting it up and asking questions. I love how much he is understanding what Christmas is really all about this year. He keeps saying, "Jesus's birthday is on Christmas. Did you know that?" 


What a great way to kick off the Christmas season. I'm so looking forward to this tradition for years to come!

xoxo, Kara




1 comment:

  1. Totally going to copy your idea and make this a tradition! How fun! And I just purchased that same nativity set...so nice for them to have one that they can play with! Happy holidays! Xo

    ReplyDelete