Lucas loves everything that has to do with construction... trucks, hardhats, tools, dirt. So when discussing with him what kind of party he wanted this year, it seemed perfect when he settled on a construction theme. He told anyone that would listen that he was having a construction party for his birthday. I went to work looking on Pinterest for ideas and had so much fun planning this party for him.
Caution tape is the new streamer.
Each of his friends got a hard hat, cone cup, and little Home Depot tool belt.
His cake was so fun to make. I loved his face when he saw it. He doesn't eat cake so I made cookies for him too, but it was the whoppers (boulders) that he ended up loving.
This year at his party I decided to have some fun activities for the kids to do. It was HOT here, like 106 degrees hot. Even with the party at 11am I think it was already in the high 80s. Nonetheless the kids had fun painting, playing in the sand, and hammering away.
Painting was a hit!
{I'm in love with this sweet picture of Sawyer Bean}
Fun playing in the sand.
The kids loved hammering the "nails" into the "wood".
Earlier in the week Lucas was singing, "Happy birthday to me!" He loved it when everyone was singing to him.
Tickles from daddy produce the biggest smile with the best laugh.
He blew out his candle all of his own this year.
He also loved opening his presents.
That face! Goofball wouldn't give me a normal smile.
My little man.
His party was a success, and he had so much fun! Thank you to all who came to celebrate with us. It means the world to me to watch him be so happy. After it was over, he kept saying, "I want my friends to come back and play."
Before he went to bed I asked him what his favorite part of his party was, and he said, "My favorite part was playing with all of my friends." Bless his big heart.
I still can't believe he will be three on Tuesday! I'm working on holding back my tears.
xoxo, Kara
We had tons of fun! And Lucas is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThank you Faith! So happy we could celebrate with you guys!
Deletesuper cute!! happy birthday Lucas Bug :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Jamers!
Delete