Matt was away this weekend for his annual golf trip with a bunch of his friends. That left me and Lucas to cause all kinds of mischief! Yes, I realize I'm a stay at home mom, and that Lucas and I are always together, but this weekend it really hit me that we only have a few short months before his brother comes into the world, and that all of our one on one time won't be possible anymore. We took this weekend to have some major mommy and Lucas fun.
Friday night we were heading to his room to read books and he said, "Mommy play chase with me?" I knew he was just delaying bedtime, but I figured what they hey, sure, why not! We ran around the house for a solid 20 minutes. I'd run ahead of him, hide, and then jump out and yell "Boo!" He'd squeal and giggle and say, "Do that again!" He had me laughing so hard! I despise being scared like that, but he thought it was the funniest thing. Yes, bedtime was delayed, but his face was priceless. A snapshot I'll keep in my mind forever. (Plus he feel asleep in five minutes flat once in bed! Bonus!)
I really wanted to give to a charity this year that Lucas could be involved with. My first thought was Toys for Tots, but then I read about Sleep Train collecting toys for foster children and that really just tugged at my heart. Saturday we headed to Kohl's to pick out some toys to donate. I kept explaining to Lucas on the way that the toys we get won't be for us, but will be for other children who need presents for Christmas. He had a lot of fun picking out toys and every time he put one in the cart he'd say, "These are for the kids." I know at two he may not totally get the concept, but it's a start!
Later that day we headed to Sleep Train to drop off our toys. Lucas insisted on carrying the truck he picked out. When we walked in and he saw the large pile of toys he said, "Look mama look, toys!" I can't wait to do this with him again next year.
I know this picture is blurry, but look at that face... so excited!
What to do on a Saturday night this time of year? Go look at Christmas lights of course! There is an awesome street in our town that has amazing lights every year, but we decided to save that for when Daddy can go with us. After bath I asked Lucas if he wanted to go look at Christmas lights and he asked if Stoli could come too. The three of us loaded up in the car and drove around our neighborhood. Whenever he would see a santa in someone's front yard he's say, "Hi Santa!" or "Merry Christmas Santa!"
After another round of chase before bedtime we both had another great night of sleep. I'm starting to get that mommy guilt of having another baby that will take away from all of our special one on one time. I'm grateful for these special moments we have! This boy is growing up way too fast...
xoxo, Kara





what a sweet weekend! xo
ReplyDelete