Each year we usually head up the mountain to cut down our tree. It is one of my favorite traditions. But this year, due to weather and Matt's traveling schedule, that didn't quite work out, so we went to a near by tree lot instead. The boys still had a great time exploring and finding the perfect tree.
These two, let me tell you... one minute they are laughing and cracking each other up, the next they are fighting and wrestling. This is how it will be for the rest of their lives!!! I know this to be true... I have two brothers of my own.
Lucas loved decorating the tree this year. He helped me string the lights, and then diligently worked to put every ornament he could on the tree until the last one was in its place. Caleb on the other hand, hung a couple ornaments, then strategically ran off to play with toys that Lucas typically won't let him have, such as Lucas's favorite helicopter. Smart little guy if I do say so myself.
"While Lucas is distracted with the tree that is inside (weird), I get to snag his favorite helicopter!" (I'm pretty sure this is exactly what Cal was thinking)
Can you tell this is a section decorated by a 4 year old? Love it!
Lucas has a Santa count down he made at school, so he knows exactly how many days until Christmas. He is beyond excited for Christmas this year. Each year since Lucas was born I have felt that Christmas has become more magical, if that were even possible. I already loved Christmas so much, but seeing it through my children's eyes brings more joy and magic than ever before.
In case you didn't already know... 10 days until Christmas!
xoxo, Kara
No comments:
Post a Comment