Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014

Each year Christmas is so magical and when it's over I'm left with the Christmas blues wishing we could do it all over again (good thing we can... 364 days later!) ;) This year our Christmas was a little quieter than normal, with non of the grandparents being in town. We went to Christmas Eve church service where  Lucas played a shepherd in the Christmas Pageant. He was darling of course, and mid-show was up on stage fidgeting wondering if it was over yet. That's being a four year old for you! 

{I know... awwwww!}


After Church we headed home and set out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for his hungry reindeer. "They sure fly a lot you know," Lucas said as we were putting out their snack. Caleb was trying to snack Santa's cookies. I guess he figured Santa would have plenty elsewhere. 



Christmas morning Lucas woke up bouncing off the walls with excited to see what Santa had brought. Let me tell you, it was a lot of work to keep him occupied while we waited for Caleb to wake up. Together we all opened our stalkings then headed over to the Christmas tree to dig into some presents. 





Caleb was excited that Santa brought him his very own chair just like brothers!
After we opened presents from Santa, family and friends, Matt told Lucas he had found a note from Santa saying there was one more thing in the garage. I was waiting in the garage with the video camera to capture his reaction, and it was priceless! 

{Excitement beyond belief about his new Power Wheels quad!}


{my boys}


Each year we take a family picture in front of the tree on Christmas day. This year we forgot and did it the day after using the timer... it's fun to compare these pictures each year!

As usual the photos stop after Christmas morning has settled down and the cooking begins. I get busy in the kitchen and forget to take any pictures of the family when they come for dinner. Next year I vow to hand the camera off to Matt and put him in charge so we actually get pictures from the rest of the day. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!

xoxo, Kara



No comments:

Post a Comment