This past weekend I hosted my first Sole Hope shoe cutting party. When I first was browsing the Sole Hope website and saw the numerous pictures of young children I thought of my own sweet boys, the same age as some of these children, and I knew I wanted to do something. I discovered their shoe cutting parties and began planning one of my own. I invited some of my favorite women over for a girls night of eating, chatting, tracing, cutting, and learning more about Sole Hope.
Sole Hope is an organization dedicated to bettering the life of children in Africa by providing them with shoes to help prevent foot-related diseases. The shoes are cut from denim jeans, then sent to Uganda where Sole Hope provides jobs to African shoemakers and tailors to assemble the shoes. These jobs help provide for their families, all while helping the children in their communities.
{I picked up these awesome jeans at good will. They provided more than a couple pairs of shoes, and some good laughs!}
{My beautiful friends working hard.}
{Our little helper, just wanted to be near everyone.}
{I'm blessed to know these ladies.}
My heart was so full at the end of the night. Serving others with amazing friends is so good for the soul. I went to bed giddy and excited about the fellowship we shared and more importantly the 23 pairs of shoes we cut. You can learn more about Sole Hope and how you can get involved at www.solehope.org.
xoxo, Kara
So grateful for you for sharing this project! It was a fun night and meaningful too!!
ReplyDelete