My poor little bug had a bit of a traumatic weekend. Well really it was just a traumatic Saturday afternoon. The rest of the weekend was wonderful. We kicked off our weekend by having the Christman and Ramos families (two of my favorite families ever) over for dinner Friday night. I was so excited to see little Avery, and Lucas was thrilled to see his girlfriend. Long distance relationships can be tough... especially when neither of them can talk on the phone yet. ;) It has been since August since these two love birds have seen each other.
This was back in August... my how they have grown!
Here are a few pictures of them catching up...
Reading some books together...
Playing... this is right before Lucas made her cry for I think the third time that night. He has been pretty crazy/high energy/shrieking like a wild banshee lately. It's enough to scare anyone... I even want to run and hide sometimes.
It was so good to see Jamie, Justin, and Avery. Avery is such a doll, and I miss you guys already! Phoenix is too far. I vote you come back to Cali! One day... I can only hope!
Saturday we headed out to see Santa... Lucas didn't mind him at first. He even gave Santa a wave, a smile, and a high five... all while I was holding him... once Santa reached out for him it was all downhill from there. The result is this priceless photo that I hope he will look back at and laugh one day and not need years of therapy because of this experience.
He is really hoping Santa does NOT come to our house this year.
Saturday night we went to watch the Santa run that the fire department puts on. I know what you're thinking... "You took him to see Santa AGAIN after the poor kid screamed? What kind of parents are you?" No, well yes, well kind of. We didn't make him actually see Santa this time. Instead we just watched the fire trucks, and stayed far away from the man in the red suit. Lucas LOVES trucks, and points them out every time he sees one saying, "Truck, truck!" So he really enjoyed seeing all of the fire trucks and eating a huge sugar cookie!
Lucas and Daddy checking out the firetruck.
He says "cheese" now when you ask him to for pictures. It's beyond cute!
My bug and I
Watching the firetrucks, and making sure we stay far away from Santa.
Our family
Tonight we closed down our weekend by going to a well known street here in Rocklin to look at Christmas lights with our neighbors. The people on this street do a great job of decorating for everyone to enjoy. Lucas especially loved the three houses with Mickey displays. Surprising right?!
One week until Christmas! Where has the time gone? I have SO much to do this week! Time to get busy!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment