Lucas and I spent Sunday afternoon and Monday morning doing some Christmas baking. We made three kinds of cookies and Rolo pretzel bites. Baking with an almost 18 month old can be a bit challenging which means I didn't pick up the camera once, so no pictures of all of our (my) hard work. However, I did want to share my mom's recipe for peanut butter Hershey Kiss cookies. I love this recipe because it doesn't call for very many ingredients and these cookies are delicious! They were always my favorite growing up. Even Lucas, who usually tends to not like sweets, ate the whole thing and then asked for more.
Mom's Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies
1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups Bisquick
1 teaspoon vanilla
sugar
Set oven to 375 degrees. Mix sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Add Bisquick and vanilla, mix until dough forms. You may need to use your hands at this point. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar, and put on cookie sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes. Press Hershey Kiss into center of each ball immediately after baking. Let cookies cool completely and enjoy!
Cookies made with Bisquick?!? Yup! These are the best peanut butter Hershey Kiss cookies I have ever tasted! After we were done baking we delivered them to our neighbors and Matt's office. I left very few for Matt and I because I know neither of us have great self control when cookies are around! Now onto Christmas dinner...
We are hosting Christmas dinner again this year and I'm super excited! Last year I made place card holders using pinecones and glitter and this year I wanted to do something new. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest using mini candy canes and decided to go with it. You can find the tutorial on this cute blog, Sew Many Ways. You just need mini candy canes and hot glue. Simple, simple!
Here is how mine turned out...
I can't wait for Christmas! Only 2 more days! :)
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment