Sunday, September 11, 2016

Quinn's Baptism

Today we celebrated Quinn as she was baptized as a member of our church. I've said it so many times, but there is just something different with knowing this is my last baby. Everything seems to speed up and go in slow motion all at the same time. I find myself savoring the little and big moments  more than ever, and looking at my boys in awe of how this thing we call time seems to pass so quickly. Quinn's baptism was no more special than the boys, each of their baptisms have been cherished days for us, but something about hers felt different. I couldn't put my finger on it exactly, but then, as I was laying in bed exhausted from the day's festivities and feeling overwhelmed with the love from our family and friends, it hit me, this feeling of completeness. I often joke with Matt about having just one more baby... Quinn has been such a dream baby, that one more couldn't hurt, right?! HA! I mainly say it just to watch him squirm and to get "the look" from him. If I didn't age, and energy and money were rolling in faster than the speed of light, I'm pretty sure I'd have a few more babies, but since that is not the case, I look at this little girl and her two big brothers, and I know without a doubt this is the family God designed for Matt and I. These three little ones own our hearts. 





These cookies though... so beautiful and beyond delicious!


Quinn and her Godparents, Justin and Jamie





My little princess.


That smile...

Always holding her feet..


I did this little photo shoot with Quinn on the beautiful quilt her Godmother made her, in the dress I, and many of my cousins wore for our baptisms, and as she smiled, I cried a few happy tears, and just soaked up all her light, love, and pure heart. God bless you Quinn, you are oh so loved. 

1 comment: