Monday, May 11, 2015

Disney World

We travled to Florida to celebrate the life of Matt's grandma. While we were there my in-laws surprised the grandkids with a trip to Disney World. Us parents were in on the surprise, and I think it was probably one of the hardest secrets to keep. The kids didn't know until we were pulling into the Disney resorts. Lucas start spotting Mickey's and asked if there was a Disneyland in Florida. Needless to say the kids were all ecstatic! 

The hotel we stayed at was great and so perfect for the kids to run around right outside our room. Perfect photo ops with Huey, Dewey, and Louie! 










The next morning we all got up bright and early to head to the Magic Kingdom park so we could see the opening show before the gates opened. It was a great way to start the day getting the kids so excited as they saw all of the characters. 





Lucas rode Splash Mountain for the first time, and although we couldn't convince him to go a second time, he said he really enjoyed it. I'm so bummed we couldn't see his face in this picture. I am sure his expression was priceless!


I think Lucy and Caleb enjoyed the snacks the best! :)



Disney is so exhausting (and hot/humid in Flordia!) it makes it easy to fall asleep sitting up!



Whenever we go to Disneyland I usually eat my way through the park. I justify it with all the walking we do, plus not having these treats back home! This sweet and sour chicken in a waffle with cole slaw was delicious!! Matt laughed at me getting it, then he ate half! Of course, no Disney trip is complete without ice cream. This is a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich with birthday cake ice cream. Yummmmmm



The weather was hot hot hot, and super humid! These California kids were troopers though, and enjoyed the rides so much! 








It will probably be years before we ever make it back to Disney World, and I am so happy we got to experience it with our family. We all had a blast!







2 comments:

  1. Such a fun place! Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are so great! I love the one of Caleb sleeping sitting up.

    ReplyDelete