Monday, January 26, 2015

Little League

It's official... we have a Little Leaguer!!! Lucas has started playing t-ball and is on cloud nine. Matt and I are two of four coaches, and so far it has been a lot of fun. I know, I know... don't laugh at the thought of me coaching! This will most certainly be my first and last year since my baseball skills don't go beyond the t-ball stage. I'll be living it up while I can! ;)




This little league thing is a whole new ballgame (get it?!) for me! No really though... I joined the two other coaches for a coaching seminar one evening (Matt was out of town for work). Myself and Krista were 2 of maybe 5 women there along with a good 30 or so men (who all looked like they knew a thing or two more about baseball than we did). As we are walking into the building I look at Krista and say, "I'm wondering if we will have to do demonstrations." She tells me she is pretty sure we will have to participate in some baseball demonstrations... I looked down at my feet and say, "I probably should have worn different shoes." Insert us both laughing so hard! I don't know why it didn't occur to me until that moment that the proper footwear would probably have been tennis shoes and not these....


No joke! This is what I was wearing... I could just see Matt shaking his head had he been there. It definitely was a good laugh for us. I'm still laughing about it! And no, we didn't end up having to do a ton of demonstrations, but there were a few, and yes, we rocked it, sparkly Toms and all! 

xoxo, Kara




1 comment:

  1. So fun! I think it's awesome that you are coaching! I'll take tips for when Ryan gets to this stage!

    ReplyDelete