Saturday, October 26, 2013

A boy and his dog...

A conversation with Lucas...
Me: I'd rather you not feed the dog your cheerios.
Lucas: But that's what boys do. Sometimes boys feed their dogs. Feeding the dog is good manners, not bad manners mom.

What does one even say to that? It's so hard not to laugh when he says things like this. No matter how many times we ask him to not feed Stoli, he is always sneaking her a little something. They are clearly on the same team, and have each other's back. 

I always say that they have a love hate relationship, with Lucas doing a lot of the loving and Stoli being, well, annoyed. She definitely loves him though. Lucas is so attached to her. He cries when we leave her at the groomers, and repeatedly asks when we can go pick her up. Whenever we walk in the door the first thing he says is, "Where is Stoli?" and he runs off to find her. Our sweet Stoli is now sixteen and her health has been slowly declining. I try not to think about when we'll have to say goodbye to her, and how hard it will be on all of us, especially Lucas. These moments are so special to us. I love how much he loves her. 



How cute are these two?!? 

xoxo, Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment