On February 27th we were blessed with another beautiful baby boy. Caleb Matthew was born at 5:14 am after only five short hours of labor. It was such a different experience than Lucas's birth in so many ways. We got to hold Caleb right away and did not have to experience the NICU again. It's such a blessing to have a healthy baby.
Caleb weighed in at 7lbs 1oz and was 19.5 inches long. He is eating like a champ and was already 7lbs 15oz at his two week check up. I cherished every moment with him in the hospital. Getting to hold and love on my baby right away was something I did not get to experience with Lucas as he was taken to the NICU shortly after his birth. Caleb's birth happened so fast, I spent the first day in awe that he was actually here. He is so perfect, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and the cutest little birth mark on his left leg.
It's so true what they say about loving your spouse even more when you see them with your children. When I watch Matt with Lucas I fall in love with him all over again. He is such an amazing father. Now watching him with Caleb, I am so full of love for these three boys in my life.
Lucas was very excited to come meet Caleb at the hospital. He still talks about coming to the "hopstiable" to see the baby. He gave him so many kisses and didn't want anyone to help him when he was holding him.
I hope these two become best friends. This morning Lucas told me, "The baby, me, and you are best friends." I couldn't help but tear up. I love how much he loves his brother. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't all been blissful between the two. Lucas is still learning to be gentle, but he sure loves that "little guy" as he calls him.
Caleb had a present waiting for his big brother when he came to visit. Lucas thought it was really neat that his brother got him a present. He tells everyone that baby Caleb got him this truck. :)
Me and my boys. Life is busier than ever now, and sleep is a thing of the past, but it's so worth it.
xoxo, Kara
Love all of these pics! Seriously counting the days until I am home and get to meet sweet baby Caleb, and see you and Lucas of course! MISS YOU
ReplyDeleteWe CAN'T wait to see you too!!! Miss you!! XOXO
DeleteI love it. Congratulations. You look absolutely stunning as well. Having 2 is the best :)
ReplyDelete